Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Return of Lizard Girl



It was probably a strange site.  Even a little confusing, perhaps.  The tall blond woman in black glittered flip-flops, pink lip gloss, and a black crocheted beanie, walking slowly and deliberately around the hotel grounds, eyes cast downward, holding a small open ziplock baggie.  Most of them evaded her, the quick and clever lizards with tails that curled up smartly at the end.  They were very fast and very smart, having learned at some point in their lizard-life that bushes and foliage represent safety and the perpetuation of their freedom.  But there was one very very small one that wasn't quite fast enough, and now he is a pet.  Quite possibly the smallest lizard in the world, his name is Buckwheat (pet-sibling now to Spanky the Dog and and Alfalfa the Snake.)  He is really great, and although he is easily lost due to his diminutive size, he is making a fine roommate.

4 comments:

Cricket said...

Ok Lizard Lady...this is where we part ways...LOL. I HATE LIZARDS!!!
Growing up in Florida I ahve had my share stuufed down my shirt by my brother, held in my face and thrown on me...YUCK...my skin crawls when I even think about it. Dogsthey are cool, snakes don't bother me a bit, but lizards, frogs oh baby....Guess I had to find your flaw sooner or later...LOL. Please tell me you won't be bringing Buckwheat to work with you...LOL

Love ya,
Cricket

Anonymous said...

that is the littlest lizard i've ever seen! how cute!

julianna said...

more..more..we want more...!!! hope that you are doing well and still loving the experience.

julianna said...

where are the new photos??????? we stayed up all night waiting for them!! we want to see more! we love you!